Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences Honours is a four-year degree programme which consists of 120 credits. The program aims to provide integrated education and training in the field of Medical Laboratory Sciences to suit the healthcare and research needs of industrial and commercial sectors and to prepare the students for lifelong independent learning, career development and postgraduate studies.
The curriculum of the program includes core subjects relevant to Medical Laboratory Science such as Histopathology, Haematology, Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Immunology, and Laboratory Management. Work-based training is one of the most important aspects of the program which provides an opportunity for undergraduates to practice what they have learned in a real clinical setup. There are several courses in the program to prepare students for research and innovation including statistics, research methodology, literature review and the research project itself. The program also includes courses for generic skill development such as Health Communication, Ethics & Professional Development, English for General Academic Purposes and Information Communication Technology to develop overall qualified Medical Laboratory ScScientistsechnologists.
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology, Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka
• Minimum three (03) Pass grades in one sitting in the Science stream, including Chemistry at the G.C.E (A/L) Examination
• Minimum Simple pass (S) for English at G.C.E (O/L) Examination,
• An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the OUSL Senate
• Pass the selection test conducted for admission.
| Date of Accepting
Online Applications :
07th May 2023
for Applications :
|15th June 2023|